When I graduated from BYU-Hawaii (Go Seasiders!) I started working at a bank. Boring! Really I know why bankers and accountants have a bad rep! Then from there I went back to school and played university basketball. Then from there I worked for a baseball team then a hockey team. I love baseball and I thought that I could learn to appreciate hockey. I mean they are athletes and it is competitive, but no, I really couldn't do it. So after my six week stint I got a job with a small family owned business doing books and being paid ridiculously well for it. Money, I learned, is not everything! I hated it! I hated the work, I hated the drive, and I especially hated the bosses daughter who really knew nothing about business, or about accounting and thought that she needed to tell me how things should be done. That wasn't even the worst part about working with her. The worst part would have been tying to teach her how to use the computerize accounting software. This should have been easy you pretty much put the numbers in and click submit. Boy was I wrong!
I left the family business with a vow that I would never work for one again and moved into my new and current place of employment. I teach Accounting and Payroll at Reeves College in Lethbridge Alberta Canada. This seems to be the right place for me right now. I get to use my education, work with people and teach. I really like teaching, it might have something to do with really liking to be the center of attention but its awesome!. I get to use technology every day (I'm a little bit of a nerd and really like gadgets), I'm encouraged to find new tools and innovative way of teaching the subject material and I don't have to work weekends!!!!!
Not working weekends or shift work, or nights or any of the other brutal shift combinations out there is really important to me because I am the Assistant Coach for the Lethbridge College Kodiak Womens Basketball Team! I started with them last year and man were we brutal!!!! This year, though. whole new team whole new story! I'll rant about them another day but just know they are awesome!
As you can see most of my jobs are office jobs that give me lots of down time. My down time is usually taken up by Pintrest. Yes I am a Printrest addict. I have boards for all kinds of things like workouts, weddings, home renos, dream homes, and the list goes on and on and on and on. I know there are lots of people out there who pin things then never do them or even look at it again but let me tell you I am not one of these people. I have attempted and accomplished quite a few of my pins. I have refurbished picture frames for my office, I've grown a square foot garden, I've made organic house cleaners, and I've done a couple of the workouts. My latest pintrest obsession, yes obsession, is clean eating and home cooked meals. So I thought it was time to try some of the recipes that I have pinned.
Those of you who know me really well will know that I DO NOT COOK. Its not that I can't cook it just really isn't something that I enjoy doing. Also, the things that I do cook usually end up being some form of dip. Its a talent really, I can make just about anything into a dip. Pocahontas I have a new dip for your to try! Enchilada Dip! You inspired me!. Anyways I recently started a new workout/meal plan program and was meal planning so I busted out some of my pintrest items to add some variety to the basic grilled chicken and two vegetable meals. I mean you can only eat steamed broccoli so many nights in a row.
The first meal that I was so excited about trying was spagehetti squash and meat sauce. It covered all of my veggies and I got to do something different with my chicken. Can I just say... #PINTRESTFAIL! It was awful! I mean I like squash and I like all of the ingredients that they told me to put in my sauce but it was gross! Hands down gross! Also, it said that it was easy to make. No it wasn't it was hard and time consuming! So by the time I was done cooking, grilling, and chopping my awful supper I didn't have a choice but choke it down because I didn't have time to make anything else! I guess I could have gone to Taco Bell but I think that wouldn't have been on the clean eating list.
So moral of the story please read something before you pin it. I thought I had gotten this from a very reliable source and I had read the description and it lied. It really just lied and I think that my source is also guilty for being dishonest. So please fellow bloggers, pintresters, facebookers, and tweeters spread the message. If you really don't like something don't pin it! Or at the very least change the despcrition so your faithful followers know that you have just pinned and that it is not the best thing you have ever tried.
As you can see most of my jobs are office jobs that give me lots of down time. My down time is usually taken up by Pintrest. Yes I am a Printrest addict. I have boards for all kinds of things like workouts, weddings, home renos, dream homes, and the list goes on and on and on and on. I know there are lots of people out there who pin things then never do them or even look at it again but let me tell you I am not one of these people. I have attempted and accomplished quite a few of my pins. I have refurbished picture frames for my office, I've grown a square foot garden, I've made organic house cleaners, and I've done a couple of the workouts. My latest pintrest obsession, yes obsession, is clean eating and home cooked meals. So I thought it was time to try some of the recipes that I have pinned.
Those of you who know me really well will know that I DO NOT COOK. Its not that I can't cook it just really isn't something that I enjoy doing. Also, the things that I do cook usually end up being some form of dip. Its a talent really, I can make just about anything into a dip. Pocahontas I have a new dip for your to try! Enchilada Dip! You inspired me!. Anyways I recently started a new workout/meal plan program and was meal planning so I busted out some of my pintrest items to add some variety to the basic grilled chicken and two vegetable meals. I mean you can only eat steamed broccoli so many nights in a row.
The first meal that I was so excited about trying was spagehetti squash and meat sauce. It covered all of my veggies and I got to do something different with my chicken. Can I just say... #PINTRESTFAIL! It was awful! I mean I like squash and I like all of the ingredients that they told me to put in my sauce but it was gross! Hands down gross! Also, it said that it was easy to make. No it wasn't it was hard and time consuming! So by the time I was done cooking, grilling, and chopping my awful supper I didn't have a choice but choke it down because I didn't have time to make anything else! I guess I could have gone to Taco Bell but I think that wouldn't have been on the clean eating list.
So moral of the story please read something before you pin it. I thought I had gotten this from a very reliable source and I had read the description and it lied. It really just lied and I think that my source is also guilty for being dishonest. So please fellow bloggers, pintresters, facebookers, and tweeters spread the message. If you really don't like something don't pin it! Or at the very least change the despcrition so your faithful followers know that you have just pinned and that it is not the best thing you have ever tried.
No comments:
Post a Comment