Tuesday, September 29, 2009

You Know You Are At BYU When...

Today was quite an interesting day, such an interesting day that after which all one could say would be "You know your at BYU when". I'm sure that you are all wondering why and don't worry in the next sentences I will be sure to tell you the story.

It all started when I walked into my Accounting class today and my teacher began to talk to me. The conversation went a little something like this
Professor: Mickenzie! Do you have your homework?
Mickenzie: No!
P: Why not?
M: I didn't do it?
P: Why?
M: Opportunity Cost (Its an accounting term that we are talking about in class)
P: Opportunity Cost?
M: Yes. There are Two reasons to come to this school. One is to find an eternal companion and the other is to do homework and get a degree. So I decided that it was going to be much more beneficial for me to pursue my eternal companion last night instead of doing my homework.
P: Oh really?
M: yea.
P: Well... I think that you still deserve homework points.

When I heard that I honestly couldn't believe that! I mean, no teacher at a regular school would EVER do give you those points for going on a date, however at BYU it is apparently perfectly acceptable. I'm just wondering if all of my teachers would take that for an excuse and still pass me! I think that I might have to try that one. I mean if worse come to worse I'll just recite D&C 131:2. In order to obtain the highest, a man must enter into this order of the priesthood [meaning the new and everlasing covenant of marriage]; I"m pretty sure that one will work. :)

2 comments:

  1. Kenz Kenz. You are so funny. I love your blog lots and lots. XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  2. only at BYU would that happen. BUT he didn't give you points cuz you went on a date. He gave you the points cuz you understand accounting lingo well enough that you could explain to him why you didnt do your homework.

    ReplyDelete